Obesity is defined as a medical condition in which excess body fat accumulates to the point of causing adverse health effects, leading to a decline in the average life expectancy of the individual as a result of increased health problems.
Morbid obesity has a negative effect on the health of the obese patient and on his/her body image and on his daily activities so that normal activities become very stressful due to cardiovascular problems and joints. Obese patients may become more susceptible to the following diseases: diabetes, hypertension, breathing difficulties during sleep, back pain and joints, and polycystic ovary disease in women
- Who is candidate for obesity surgery?
People who have BMI = 40 or more,
People with a BMI of between 35 and 40 who suffer from health problems related to obesity such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease or sleep apnea.
- What are types of obesity surgery performed at the center?
1- Gastric Balloon
The balloon is inserted by mouth using a gastroscope without any surgical intervention
The balloon partially fills the stomach and gives a feeling of fullness, satiety and no desire to eat.
The balloon is extracted after 6 months by mouth using a gastroscope in the same way of insertion
2- Sleeve Gastrostrectomy:
- Is a process of laparoscopic longitudinal resection so that 60 to 75% of the stomach is resected. This technique has several benefits. First, the size of the stomach decreases, giving a feeling of satiety with a small amount of food. Second, it reduces the number of hormone-producing cells (ghrelin) responsible for stimulating hunger
3- Gastric Bypass
- The gastric bypass involves cutting the stomach into a small pouch, connecting it to the small intestines, and connecting the small intestine to each other. This reduces the absorption of food, as well as reducing the size of the stomach. Its is the results and sleeve gastrectomy are the best results in the treatment of DM and hypertension
4- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Reduction the size and bypass the stomach in one step through a single anastomosis without division of the intestines and connect it to each other as in gastric bypass. Thus, food or fluid, whatever its type or quantity, passes from the top of the stomach directly to the last part of the small intestine, which greatly reduces digestion and absorption of food
- The doctor determines the appropriate procedure for each case according to the original weight of the patient. Each of these procedures works differently. It is best to choose the appropriate surgery for each individual patient to obtain the best results according to his / her dietary habits and chronic diseases such as hypertension or diabetes.