- The Center receives cases:
- All types of colon and rectal tumors
- Colorectal polyps
- Colonic diverticulosis
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease
- The GISC based on the diagnosis of diseases on the latest diagnostic methods in this field. The center has radiological investigations such as ultrasonography, barium studies, CT scan, and CT angiography. The center also has diagnostic colonoscopes which have a main role in diagnosis these diseases.
- The GISC continues with the outstanding efforts of its distinguished physicians, the continuous development of the performance of colorectal surgery using the latest modern scientific methods
- The Center is currently conducting this type of surgery by laparoscopic approach which has many advantages for the patients. The Center has performed 75 different types of colorectal surgery by laparoscopy
- The following surgeries were conducted in GISC in one year (from 2016 to 2017):
100 partial coloctomies for the treatment of colon tumors and diverticulosis.
20 Total coloctomies for the treatment of colon tumors
35 proctectomy for the treatment of rectal tumors
10 Total proctocolectomy for the treatment of ulcerative colitis and colorectal polyps.